The Master of Arts in Educational Technology (MAET) prepares teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals for the thoughtful use of technologies to support teaching and learning in a range of educational environments. The program draws on current theories of learning and development to understand the role of technology in learning and instruction. To complete the MAET degree, you need 30 credits (10 courses).
In this program, you will…
- Network and interact with fellow educators and educational professionals
- Make your teaching more effective through technology
- Utilize a wide range of technologies for education such as digital video production, web site development, general productivity tools, graphic design and interactive media
- Develop educational objects and artifacts that can be used immediately with your students and peers
- Learn important theories and trends on learning and teaching with technology from enthusiastic and experienced MSU instructors
- Prepare to take a greater leadership role in your school or educational setting
Our program is offered in several different formats, and allows flexibility to accommodate both full-time students and working professionals. We are pleased to offer our program in 3 different formats: accelerated summer cohort, exciting overseas study, and fully online.
Not a K12 teacher? We are also pleased to offer a Learning, Design and Technology Concentration. This concentration is designed for educational professionals interested in the design and evaluation of technology-rich learning environments, including web-based and other mobile and multi-media tools.
Our graduates go on to take positions as technology coordinators or administrators, teacher leaders, instructional technologists and curriculum integration specialists.